Thursday, January 3, 2008

Xmas stuff

A fabulous Christmas in the motherland.

Since last I was there, the family has moved northward and into a locale small enough to be rightly called hamlet (hard to imagine Shakespeare having success with a play called Village isn't it).

There was a reunion of Notability, the cheesily named vocal group of chums, some of whom I hadn't seen for a decade. Amazingly we all looked very much like when the group broke up. Would we sound the same? yeah, no one wanted to know, least of all us.

There was much traditional food that I miss so badly, and I got to practice my British accent among those who know it best. Interestingly (and quite flatteringly) the only two people to tell me I had lost my accent were from 'up north' from when I used to live there. I interpret that to mean I've lost any northern accent I may have once had but that the actually UK tones are relatively okay.

Here's me with the newest niece, and one of the kids climbing all over grandad.















For a New Year's resolution I resolved to make a resolution. So that's me set till next year...

1 comment:

  1. Um, oh crap. I don't know what happened. I wrote a message and it went away. Anway. The gist was of the message was...

    adorable little girl. English tea house across from Trolley Square. Had ploughman's lunch. The English definition of "pickle" is not same as mine.

    Elisa

    ReplyDelete